Our Campus & Community
Across our campus, you’ll find a commitment to excellence and expression, as well as the facilities to match the educational experiences and caring community that MICDS is known for.
More than ever our nation needs responsible men and women who can meet the challenges of this world with confidence and embrace all of its people with compassion. The next generation must include those who think critically and resolve to stand for what is good and right.
Our School cherishes academic rigor, encourages and praises meaningful individual achievement and fosters virtue. Our independent education prepares young people for higher learning and for lives of purpose and service.
80,000 square-foot athletic center and sports fields, aquatic center, ample green space, state- of-the-art STEM building, theaters, art studios, and much more.
full service libraries school-wide
42,000+ print items
2,000+ electronic books
of our student body school-wide receive financial aid
of our student body school-wide identify as students of color
“We prepare students to be engaged in the larger world and work to ensure that important work continues to be done, and done well.”—Lisa Lyle Head of School
Stay up to date with MICDS on social media
O’Hara Research Lab
- Provides space and support for students conducting long-term independent and classroom projects.
- Designed for collaboration with visiting professional scientists.
Loeb Robotics Lab and Maker Space
- Hands-on, application-based workshop fitted with 3D printers and fabrication tools where students gather to collaborate.
- Used in Middle and Upper School curriculum and Robotics Clubs.
Professional-Grade Research Greenhouse
- A natural rainwater collection and distribution system maintains the greenhouse’s ecosystem.
- Any MICDS student may grow plants in the professional grade greenhouse via classroom curriculum, independent study or personal interest.
Fine Arts Classes
- 100% of students study vocal and instrumental music, theater, dance or the visual arts.
3 Theater Spaces
- The MICDS campus includes three state-of-the-art theaters: Orthwein Theatre, Price Theatre and Freeman Theatre that are invaluable resources for JK-12 drama, choral and band students.
Plays and Performances
- 4 plays performed each year in the Upper School, 1 in Middle School and 1 in Lower School